Summer I E-bills will be issued on May 2nd. Payment is due on May 18th. Non-payment of this bill will result in summer I class cancellation.
Summer II charges will post to the student account on May 3rd, but a statement will not produce until June 2nd. Summer II bills are not due until June 22nd.
Federal Perkins Loans & Collections
Review the status of your loan information at:
www.mycampusloan.com or call 1-800-458-4492
3330 Healy Drive, Suite 105
Winston-Salem, NC 27103
The information on this page is provided to help assist with some of the questions that you may have regarding required procedures for Perkins Loans.
Please feel free to contact our Perkins Loan Specialist
Constance Evans @910-962-7419 or firstname.lastname@example.org
- Please be advised that you must conduct an exit interview upon graduation or withdrawal from the University. This is a mandatory procedure. Contact the Perkins Loan Specialist in the event you wish to make an appointment. Otherwise visit the website (www.mycampusloan.com) to conduct the exit interview. Please note that a PK hold (prevents release of transcripts and diploma) remain on your account until completed.
- At nine months after separation from UNCW, your grace period ends and the repayment of your Perkins Loan begins. You will receive three notifications from Heartland/ECSI that the billing process will begin. Should you have problems with repayment, you should contact Heartland/ECSI or the Perkins Loan Specialist as soon as possible. Some circumstances will require the completion of a deferment form. Deferment forms can be found at the website www.mycampusloan.com .
- If you continue your education at UNCW or another school /university, you must have an in-school deferment in order to stop the repayment process during this time.
- It is extremely important that you notify Heartland/ECSI or UNCW if your address or phone number changes.
- The following actions are taken when accounts become delinquent:
At 15 days Heartland/ECSI will send past due notifications, 30 days past due UNCW will send past due notifications, 45 days past due Heartland/ECSI will send past due notifications, 60 days past due you will receive a final demand letter from Heartland/ECSI as well as a past due notification from UNCW informing them the account is now referred to the North Carolina Attorney General’s Office. Also at 60 days, the account is referred to the NC Setoff Debt Collection Department for garnishment of State Taxes or any State refund such as lottery monies.
Upon review by the NC Attorney General’s Office, it is then recommended to send a 90 day notification and if no response, submit to a NC State approved collection agency at 120 days past due.
Notification is sent to individuals when funds are received from the NC Setoff Debt Collection Act.