ACPA/NASPA Rubrics for Professional Development (PDF, 512Kb)
UNCW's Dare to Learn Academy (D2LA) also provides more than 400 books related to the following "D2LA soar factors": leadership, service, resourcefulness, and growth. There are book club discussion guides available as well. To check out a book, contact Olivia Cunningham (2-2496) or stop by the HR Onboarding Center (at Friday Annex) to see all the available books.
Helping Students Develop Vision and Voice: The Role Creativity Plays, article by Michele Welkener (PDF; article begins on p. 13.)
Where Good Ideas Come From, four-minute video by Steven Johnson on the environmental patterns that enable creativity, and how ideas "happen."
Inside Higher Ed newsletters. Daily updates of top news stories, opinion and careers in higher education, delivered free to your email inbox each weekday.
"Working with College Students & Student Development Theory Primer," by Dr. Michael Walker (2008, PDF), an overview of student-development theory. Contact Mike Walker if you would like to discuss this further.
The follow individuals are making these resources available to division staff:
- Commuter Perspectives newsletter from the National Clearinghouse for Commuter Programs
- Association of Fraternity Advisors Perspectives as a publication
- ACPA Journal of College Student Personnel
- The Career Development Quarterly (NCDA)
- Bulletin of Psychological Type (APTI)
- ACPA: Journal of College Student Development
- Change: The Magazine of Higher Learning
- The Chronicle of Higher Education
- GLBT Campus Matters
- The Journal of Higher Education
- Recruitment & Retention
- Student Affairs Leader
- Student Affairs Today
Mike Walker, Ed.D., Associate VC and Dean of Students
Dean Walker has an extensive collection of books available for staff to borrow. Complete list of titles here.