UNCW will be recognized for excellence in everything we do, a global mindset and community engagement.
The University of North Carolina Wilmington, the state's coastal university, is dedicated to the integration of teaching and mentoring with research and service. Our commitment to student engagement, creative inquiry, critical thinking, thoughtful expression and responsible citizenship is expressed in our baccalaureate and master's programs, as well as doctoral programs in areas of expertise that serve state needs. Our culture reflects our values of diversity and globalization, ethics and integrity, and excellence and innovation.
- Attract and retain high-quality, diverse students, faculty and staff, ensure an inclusive campus culture that embraces a global mindset, and increase retention and graduation rates.
- Enhance educational programs and advance research and scholarly activities, including global learning programs and increased support for applied learning.
- Enable and promote a sense of place for students, faculty and staff by fostering collaborative efforts to enhance academic advising and student support programs. Invest in programs and services that support post-graduation success, such as career placement efforts and preparation for graduate school applications.
- Organize ourselves, engage with our community and the world, and communicate our efforts broadly and effectively.
- Fund our initiatives by building on strong relationships with governmental agencies, alumni, donors, foundations, corporations and other sponsors. Organize and conduct a successful fundraising campaign to benefit scholarships, professorships and new programs and facilities.
These priorities will be pursued in an environment that promotes the free exchange of thoughts and opinions, where human dignity is affirmed and respect for each individual is paramount.