- Preparing to Transfer
- For Community College Transfer Counselors
- Articulation Agreements
- Military-Affiliated Students
- Transfer of Credit
- Travel Schedule
- Extension Campuses
- Deadlines & Applying
- Transfer Student Involvement
- Teal Guides
- Meet the Staff
- Off-Campus Housing Resource
Transfer Admission - Deadlines & Applying
UNCW offers two deadlines for applications. Applications are not reviewed or evaluated until all application items have been received.
- Summer / Fall - March 1 - EXTENDED
We will continue to accept and review applications on a space available basis.
- Spring - October 15
Admission for the Spring semester is highly competitive and limited.
How to Apply
There are two methods of applying to UNCW: Online or with a paper application. Last year, more than 99% of our applicants elected to apply Online. We strongly encourage you to apply Online via SeaLevel.
- SeaLevel (Online)
If you have not created a SeaLevel account, click here to do so.
Log-in to your SeaLevel account and click on “Apply to UNCW” and then on “Online Application”. The SeaLevel application will allow you to save your information at any point and continue at a later date prior to submission.
- CFNC (Online)
Alternately, students may elect to apply Online to UNCW via the College Foundation of North Carolina at www.cfnc.org. This will require that you register for an account with CFNC.
- In an effort to protect our environment, we no longer print any paper applications, if you would like to request the paper application, please email UNCWtransfer@uncw.edu.
In addition to submitting the application for admission, there are additional items both you and your current institution will submit.
- Required Short Essay Question
- Non-refundable $75 Application Fee
- North Carolina Residency Form (for in-state residents applying with a paper application)
- If you are a permanent resident, you must provide a copy of your Permanent Resident Card or Green Card
- Standardized test scores if applicable (i.e. AP, IB, CLEP, etc.)
You Request your School to Submit
Students are responsible for requesting these items; your school will not submit the items automatically.
- Official transcript(s) from all colleges and/or universities attended.
- A report showing an official record of your in-progress or current coursework.
- An official high school transcript showing your date of graduation or proof of a GED or Adult High School Diploma.
(Home-Schooled students must include detailed course descriptions and a thorough explanation of the standards used to evaluate their academic progress. The transcript must be notarized and signed by the School Administrator.)
Admitted? What's Next
Congratualtions, Future Seahawks! Here are a few tips to stay on track:
- Frequently check your UNCW email to stay up to date with us
Follow the steps outlined in your Teal Ticket:
- Log into your MySeaport Account by using the information provided in your decision letter
- Click on the Teal Ticket Tab in the top left-hand corner
- Please watch this brief video for more information:
Admitted? What's Next