Transfer Admission - Deadlines & Applying
UNCW offers two deadlines for applications. Applications are not reviewed or evaluated until all application items have been received.
- Summer - March 1
- Fall - March 1
- Spring - October 23 (Deadline Extended)
How to Apply
There are two methods of applying to UNCW: online or with a paper application. More than 99% of our applicants elected to apply online. We strongly encourage you to apply online via SeaLevel.
- SeaLevel (online)
Create a SeaLevel account and click on "Apply to UNCW" and then on "Online Application". The SeaLevel application will allow you to save your information at any point and continue at a later date prior to submission.
- CFNC (online)
Alternately, students may elect to apply online to UNCW via the College Foundation of North Carolina at www.cfnc.org. This will require that you register for an account with CFNC.
- In an effort to protect our environment, we no longer print any paper applications. If you would like to request the paper application, please email UNCWtransfer@uncw.edu.
In addition to submitting the application for admission, you and your current/former institution(s) will submit the following items:
- Required Short Essay Question
- Non-refundable $75 Application Fee
- North Carolina Residency Questions
- If you are a permanent resident, you must provide a copy of your Permanent Resident Card or Green Card
- Additional test scores if applicable (i.e. AP, IB, CLEP, etc.)
You Request your School to Submit
Students are responsible for requesting these items; your school will not submit the items automatically.
- Official transcript(s) from all colleges and/or universities attended.
- A report showing an official record of your in-progress or current coursework.
An official high school transcript showing your date of graduation or proof of a GED or Adult High School Diploma.
(Home-Schooled students must include detailed course descriptions and a thorough explanation of the standards used to evaluate their academic progress. The transcript must be notarized and signed by the School Administrator.)
All items can be submitted electronically or mailed to:
University of North Carolina Wilmington - Office of Admissions
601 S College Road
Wilmington, NC 28403 - 5904
Important Note to Residents Outside North Carolina
Admission of applicants residing outside the State of North Carolina to an online degree, certificate program or individual online course offered by UNCW, is dependent on UNCW's ability to secure authorization from the applicant's state of residence, if such authorization is required. Due to evolving changes in higher education regulations, at this time, UNCW is unable to serve all of the students that are interested in our courses or programs. For the most current list of states and statuses, visit this link: http://www.uncw.edu/dl/StateAuthorizationsDistanceLearningUNCW.html. For questions specific to the state authorization process, call 910.962.2807 or email email@example.com.