Professional Development System at the Watson College of Education
PDS Partner Information
The Professional Development System in the Watson College of Education serves as the foundation of our academic programs. Our PDS boasts a collaborative network of P-12 school partners and university faculty working collaboratively to provide exemplary field and internship experiences for WCE pre-service teachers. Our pre-service teachers are provided the opportunity to:
- Participate in numerous field experiences in addition to a 600 hour internship in a PDS Tier 2 partnership school
- Intern in the classrooms of partnership teachers who have completed professional development in the Cognitive Coaching model of learner-centered supervision and are committed to ongoing professional development provided during PDS Professional Learning Days and advanced coaching workshops
- Participate in inquiry, action research, community service, and other applied learning experiences
- Participate in on-site seminars conducted by site coordinators who serve as university liaisons in each of our partnership school sites
- Participate in on-going support as a beginning teachers through the First Years of Teaching Support Program
Supporting Forms, Information & Resources
This page is intended to help our partners who are currently engaged with PDS to access partnership forms, applications, and other materials they may need.
- Site Coordinator Agreement Form and Payment Schedule 2015-2016
- Partnership School Application
- Partnership District Application
When sending in forms, please email to Candace Blanke at firstname.lastname@example.org or fax to 910-962-7400.