Cultural Arts Building
5270 Randall Drive
Wilmington, NC 28403
The Departments of Theatre, Music, and Art & Art History share a technologically-advanced facility that opened in December 2006. The Theatre Department area consists of:
- the 300-seat seat proscenium Mainstage Theatre, with balcony, full fly space, three control booths, and cutting edge sound & lighting technology.
- the SRO Black Box Theatre with flexible seating for 114 patrons, which offers multiple configurations and is well-equipped with sound and lighting equipment.
- beautifully-equipped scene and costume shops and storage areas.
- complete dressing rooms with showers and makeup stations.
- acting/dance studio featuring sprung floors, mirrors, and natural lighting.
- an additional performance studio for classes and rehearsals.
- an academic wing, including computer design lab, design/drafting studio, seminar room, and IT-equipped lecture halls.