Basics of College
- Most classes are 3 credit hours and students typically take 14-16 hours per semester.
- During Early Registration, students can sign up for up to 16 credit hours.
- To obtain a degree from UNCW, you will take a minimum of 124 credit hours, which includes General Education Requirements (University Studies), your major requirements, and electives or a minor.
- Full-time students must take a minimum of 12 credit hours.
- All transcripts and AP/IB exam scores must be sent to the Office of the Registrar for credit.