This page will answer:
- What is First Year Seminar?
- Why do I need to take First Year Seminar?
- What are Learning Links?
- What are Learning Communities?
- How can I get involved with either a Learning Link or a Learning Community?
- What is the main course I should sign up for during Early Registration?
First Year Seminar Information
Learning Links for 2014
- First-Year Seminar (UNI 101) is a highly interactive course which fosters a sense of community, with no more than 25 first-year students per class. It offers an environment conducive to academic and personal development.
- First-Year Seminar is a requirement to graduate and should be taken in the first semester at UNCW.
- If you sign up for Orientation by May 9, 2014, you can sign up for a First Year Seminar during Early Registration from May 19 at 10:00am through May 23, 2014 at 5:00pm.
- Students have the option of taking First Year Seminar by itself, with a Learning Link or within a Learning Community
- To learn about Learning Links, click here.
- To learn about Learning Communities, click here.