This page will answer:
- What is First Year Seminar?
- Why do I need to take First Year Seminar?
- What is the main course I should sign up for during Early Registration?
- First-Year Seminar (UNI 101) is a highly interactive course which fosters a sense of community, with no more than 25 first-year students per class. It offers an environment conducive to academic and personal development.
- First-Year Seminar is a requirement to graduate and should be taken in the first semester at UNCW.
- Honors students should NOT sign up for UNI 101; they will take HON 110 instead.
- If you sign up for Orientation by May 12, 2015, you can sign up for a First Year Seminar during Early Registration from May 18, 2015 at 3:00pm through May 22, 2015 at 5:00pm.
Learning linked courses provide an opportunity for students to become a part of a cohort group of 20-25 students enrolled in the same First-Year Seminar and a University Studies course.
These students also share the same academic advisor. This connection encourages a deeper understanding of the material they are learning in both courses, with an increased sense of community while completing two University Studies requirements.
To register for a Learning Link, students must click on SIGN UP FOR A LEARNING LINK IN SEANET or input both CRN (Course Registration Numbers) for the two courses at the same time in SeaNet.