Contact Amy Hathcock, Program Coordinator, at (910) 962-7742 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
ExCEL is located in University College, DePaolo Hall Room 1092. Program questions can be emailed to email@example.com.
ExCEL Course Offerings
About Common Courses
Students who participate in the ExCEL Learning Community are able to take three courses in the first college semester with the same group of students. This common course structure allows students to access peer leaders and academic resources, providing a foundation of academic and social support to aid in a smooth transition to UNCW college life.
For Fall 2013, ExCEL students will be enrolled in:
- COM 104: Concepts in Communication Studies
- UNI 101: First-Year Seminar
And have the option to enroll in one of the following:
- EVS 205: Global Environmental Issues
- HST 104: Introduction to Global History Since 1848
- INT 105: Introduction to International Studies
- SOC 105: Introduction to Sociology
For Spring 2014, ExCEL students share a 1-credit hour course that continues to explore the focus of Cultural Engagement and Leadership.