Disability Organizations & General Information
is a nonprofit research and development organization that works to
expand learning opportunities for all individuals, especially those
with disabilities, through Universal Design for Learning.
- Council for Exceptional Children International
is a professional organization dedicated to improving educational
outcomes for individuals with exceptionalities, students with
disabilities, and/or the gifted.
- Deaf Websites is an online deaf web directory.
would like to thank Samantha, a special student with a hearing
disability at Brighter Futures Charter School in California, for her
great resource contribution!)
- Guide to Disability Resources on the Internet
is produced by Disability Resources Monthly. This site is designed for
consumers, libraries, disability organizations, and professionals. They
monitor, review, and report on available internet resources related to
- National Organization on Disability
The NOD has information and resources for people interested in closing
the participation gaps between people with and without disabilities.
- World Institute on Disability
is a nonprofit research, training and public policy center promoting
the civil rights and the full societal inclusion of people with
- UCP (also known as United Cerebral Palsy) is the leading source of information on cerebral palsy.
- The American Foundation for the Blind (AFB)
is a national resource for people who are blind or visually impaired,
the organizations that serve them, and the general public. The site
contains fact sheets and short documents on technology issues important
to the blindness community, as well as a services directory and other
- The Family Center on Technology & Disability
- The National Federation of the Blind (NFB)
is a membership organization of people who are blind. The site contains
resources on technology issues related to blind access.
is an information resource for professionals who work in the field of
visual disabilities. It includes a family of highly readable fonts
which are widely accepted in Europe for use in accessible signage, etc.
- Learning Disabilities Association of America (LDA)
provides information, support, education and resources through its
network of nearly 300 state and local affiliates in 50 states and
- LD Online
seeks to help children and adults reach their full potential by
providing accurate and up-to-date information and advice about learning
disabilities and ADHD.
- Lighthouse International
is a resource on vision impairment and vision rehabilitation, and has a
number of special resources, including low vision simulation glasses
and brochures on large print, color blindness, and other topics.
- National Association of the Deaf (NAD)
has information and programs on a variety of issues important to the
deaf community and holds a biennial conference.
- TDI (also known as Telecommunications for the Deaf, Inc.)
promotes equal access in telecommunication and media by people who are
deaf, hard-of-hearing, late-deafened, and deaf-blind.
- The Arc is the national organization of and for people with mental retardation and related developmental disabilities.
- United Nations Enable
is an international resource for disability information including
legislation, standards, and disability rights resources.
- GiveTech offers computer input technology for the disabled who can't afford to purchase items.
- The Alliance for Technology Access
is a national network of community-based resource centers, product
developers, vendors, service providers, and individuals.
- DO-IT Program (Disabilities, Opportunities, Internetworking, and Technology)
promotes the use of accessible electronic and information technology and universal design.
- National Attention Deficit Disorder Association
provides articles, personal stories, interviews with AD/HD
professionals, book reviews, and links to other AD/HD-related sites
that provide useful information which may be helpful to you.
provides objective information about assistive technology products and
rehabilitation equipment available from domestic and international
- Closing the Gap provides practical up-to-date information on assistive technology products, procedures, and best practices.
- Assistive Technology, Inc.
provides innovative solutions to help people with learning,
communication, and access difficulties lead more independent and
- Trace Computer Access Program
- BLOOM is a “how-to” magazine on parenting children with disabilities.
Tools for Communication: Low to Mid Tech
Tools for Communication: High Tech
- www.mayerjohnson.com – Boardmaker
- http://www.proloquo2go.com/ - Proloquo2Go
- http://www.dynavoxtech.com/default.aspx - DV4, DM4, MightyMo, MiniMo, Dynamo, Tango
- www.zygo-usa.com -Lightwriter
- www.assistivetech.com - Mercury, MiniMerc
- www.prentrom.com - Pathfinder, Vantage, Vanguard, Springboard, Chat Plus